Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fcobarboza View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fcobarboza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Album
    Posted: February 18 2009 at 6:45am
Well, Yesterday I was listening the Madeleine's new Album called Bare bones and I think that she still being a wonderful singer but her compositions and lyrics are more than the same. She doesn't create new things in her songs. The first song looks like songs from his First Album and from  Careless Love. I hope in next Album she innovate! Her voice is wonderful to sing similar songs all the life.

Thanks
Sebastian View Drop Down

Quote Sebastian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 7:46pm
What you talking about focbarboza ... are you sure that you have listened to the album ... yes this is distinctively Madeleine but songs like River of Tears / Lady of Pigalle / I Must Be Saved all sound great. How can you say that these are the same as I'm Alright and Don't Wait Too Long other co-written songs. Maybe you can say the general vibe is the same - perhaps that is true - but the tempo and the tenor is different.

I am so looking forward to being able to wallow in her new tunes and really soak them in - rather than grasping at the small tastes you get from the EPK.

Seb

Quote fcobarboza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 6:47am
I was talking about the Album like all. Yes of course the tempo and tenor is different but  I am talking about the concept of Album. Looks Like first and second Album. I am not analizing song by song but all concempt of Album. I think she could listen to new songs to be more creative or tell to your co-writers to do the same. Brazilian music is a nice start. She needs be more creative and do new things. I'm still loving her song and her voice. but I think that she could innovate and do different  and still put  her qualities and put your personality and registered mark in her Album and songs.....
Sebastian View Drop Down

Quote Sebastian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 8:38pm
And you don't think she has done that in this album?

I think the one thing you can say about Madeleine is that she is distinctive. As soon as I hear her voice it stands out. Granted there there is a smoothness to her albums - and the new tracks have that same smoothness. To me it is like an elixir. I have not been able to listen to the album in its entirety so difficult to comment fully BUT at the end of the day I LOVE what I hear.

As for innovation - I think that Madeleine is distinctly her own.

And on the idea of Brazillian music Half the Perfect World had a bossanova beat to it and personally I think that it is better than the Anjani Thomas version.    Finally have you not heard the track Madeleine recorded with Martinho da Vila - Madelena do Jucu. I stumbled on it the other day on ITUNES ... it is very cute. I love it.

Seb

Edited by Sebastian - February 19 2009 at 8:39pm

Quote fcobarboza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 9:40am
But remember that brazilian music are not just bossanova and samba. We have a lot of another musical types. Forró, Mangue beat, well... many. But I think that she can get her "distinctive" and do what does she knows better. And she could be free on show. Be crazy, dance more, swing more ... be more.

Fco
 Post Reply Post Reply