Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhere have I been???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kelsthename View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kelsthename Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where have I been???
    Posted: January 10 2010 at 5:28pm

My goodness, where have I been that I have not heard this incredible voice before?  I just finished watching "The Answer Man" and was in disbelief when I heard this voice singing and I patiently waited for the credits to roll by to see who was singing this song.  I am in awe.  I have long been a fan of Billie Holiday, Dinah Washington, Ella Fitzgerald, Nancy Wilson and the like but never had I heard any recent artists who could sing with the depth and passion that they did, but now I find Madeleine.  Fantastic!  A whole new reason for me to by CDs again.  I am fascinated by her talent, mezmerized by her voice and hoping that someday I will get to hear her perform at a live concert as well.  Tongue  ...Kel/FL

wiss View Drop Down

Quote wiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 1:17am
Well, I had the chance to see Madeleine Peyroux in concert last summer in Beiteddine Festival. This was a night to remember. She sang most of her great songs and she improvised a lot. Her voice is magnificent and unique, and given the charming atmosphere of the Beiteddine Palace, the Lebanese summer breeze, and the amazing playing of her band, the night was joyful. Everybody was happy and sang along with Madeleine. She ended up with "La Vie en Rose", and yes "la nuit" was really "en rose" with Maddie.
Thank you Madeleine for performing at Beiteddine.
I and other Lebanese fans are looking forward to see u back again in Lebanon. U r soooo loved in my country.
I am also looking forward to see a concert of u on DVD.
kobe View Drop Down

Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2010 at 2:01pm
Hello kelsthename - I am so glad to see some else discover Ms. Madeleine. I am also happy to see this generation produce a jazz voice that rivals if not surpasses many of the jazz vocalists from the past. She is the genuine thing. I own all her cd's and look forward to her next. I am a fan of all her music and am especially fond of her own stuff. It sounds to me like you are probably doing the same thing I did when I first heard her, which was to let everyone I know about this fabulous singer. Also I cannot say I have ever heard her play without those fabulous backup musicians she sings with. She seems to draw great talent like a magnet draws metal. I am glad to see you join this forum. Take Care - Kobe
ronkobe
 Post Reply Post Reply