Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Madeleine track !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
richieboy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote richieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Madeleine track !
    Posted: February 16 2005 at 4:40am
Hi,

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but MP has a track on the Ladies Man CD by Pinetop Perkins.

MP's track is called He's Got Me Goin' and judging by the sample on Amazon it's a real Bessie Smith style blues number - sounds real good
WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 4:45pm
Glad you brought this up. I've been meaning to put this in the discography and hadn't gotten around to it yet.
silverstar View Drop Down

Quote silverstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 2:05am
Thanks for posting about the track on Ladies Man!

Other compilation CDs with MP tracks:

(I Wish I Could Shimmy Like) My Sister Kate - Monterey Jazz Festival CD (disc 3)

The Way You Look Tonight - Mad About You soundtrack

Getting Some Fun Out of Life - Wonderland Love Stories, Chapter 3: Something Warm, Something Cool

In the Wee Hours of the Morning - Still Breathing soundtrack

Getting Some Fun Out of Life - Autumn in New York soundtrack

Life Is Fine - Inner Flame: Rainer Ptacek Tribute

Getting Some Fun Out of Life - Free Enterprise:  Love Long and Profit soundtrack

La Vie en Rose - Voce: Music from Women of the World

Edited by silverstar
WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 4:38am
Thanks for the list. This will help me get more info on the discography page.

Quote silverstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:51pm
A few more to add to the list:

Back in Your Own Back Yard - Saint-Germain-Des-Prés Café, Vol. 6

Don't Wait Too Long - Monster-in-Law soundtrack

Give Your Mama One Smile - Sweetheart 2005: Love Songs (Starbucks)

You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go - Hear Music Playlist, Volume 3 (Starbucks)

Kink Live: On Air Performances (not sure which song was used on this compilation)

Edited by silverstar
WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 7:25pm
Thanks again. One of these days I'll around to using this information to update the discography.
kobe View Drop Down

Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:14am

Hello Richieboy and Silverstar

You guys are great. Thank You for the info on MP tracks. Although I am satisfied to just listen to MP's marvelous voice on Dreamland and Careless Love (and I do) it is great to find new sources to listen.

I am also a big supporter of artists doing thier own material and I am impressed with the four songs that MP has recorded with her name on them. Dreamland is my favorite because it differs in style from the other three. What do you think? Maybe we can start a discussion on that. Anyway thanks again. This is definitely a much better use of this forum than we seen recently.

Ron Kobe

ronkobe
Spiderboy View Drop Down

Quote Spiderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 7:44am
I wonder which of the MP tracks listed by silverstar (Thank you!) are different to the ones which are on Dreamland/Got You On My Mind/Careless Love?

Back in Your Own Back Yard
Don't Wait Too Long
Getting Some Fun Out of Life
La Vie en Rose
The Way You Look Tonight

The above are all listed on assorted collections in addition to the "standard' MP albums.  Are they just the "standard" version licensed for compilation purposes or something unique?

I might add that on the You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go single, there's a unique, acoustic version of Dance Me to the End of Love, and on the single of Don't Wait Too Long there's an acoustic version of Don't Cry Baby.

Quote silverstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 12:58am
I was finally able to find a track listing for the Kink Live: On Air Performances CD.  Madeleine sings Dreamland on this compilation.
 Post Reply Post Reply